Activision and Marvel Entertainment today announced that The Amazing Spider-Man™ Ultimate Edition is swinging onto to Nintendo’s Wii U™ console on March 5. The new Wii U edition of The Amazing Spider-Man includes four bonus DLC packs for the first time on disc and features the same combination of fluid, intuitive combat and exhilarating, free-roam web-slinging action with unique Wii U gameplay elements, making it the ultimate Spider-Man experience.
The Amazing Spider-Man Ultimate Edition DLC Includes:
- • Stan Lee Adventure Pack – Completely voiced by the Spider-Man creator himself, you’ll play as Stan Lee and web-sling through NYC in an amazing race across the city. Take on Spidey’s powers as you wall crawl, web rush, and swing across Manhattan to collect the missing pages of Stan “The Man’s” latest script. Collect all the pages and unlock a surprise reward!
- • Lizard Rampage Pack – Take control of Dr. Connors' terrifying alter-ego in a race against time as you rampage through the streets as Lizard to defeat Oscorp guards.
- • Rhino Challenge – Rampage through NYC as the unstoppable Rhino and cause as much destruction as possible before the timer runs out! The more damage you inflict, the more bonus points you earn as you build momentum ramming through taxis and cars!
- • Oscorp Search and Destroy Pack – Includes 2 mini-games through Spider-Man’s in-game cell phone.
- • New suits, including the Vigilante suit from The Amazing Spider-Man movie and the Classic Spider-Man suit from the Raimi trilogy.
Additional Wii U Exclusive Features:
- • Transform the Wii U™ GamePad with the Oscorp OsPhone – Access Spidey’s in-game cell phone via the GamePad to accept new challenges, navigate the city, and manage his upgrades.
- • Off-screen Mode lets users swap instantly between playing on the big screen and the GamePad whenever they choose.
The Amazing Spider-Man covers Peter Parker’s untold story after the events of last summer’s blockbuster film, as Spidey battles an outbreak of reimagined classic Super Villains and all-new creations up and down the towering corridors of Manhattan. Featuring the innovative Web Rush mechanic, the game engages players by offering dynamic choice in action and rewarding skill throughout, whether it’s swinging across the urban jungle, striking stealthily from the shadows, or brawling against a dozen enemies at a time.
The Amazing Spider-Man Ultimate Edition will be available for Nintendo’s Wii U™ console on March 5 for $39.99 and is rated T (Teen) by the ESRB. For more information on The Amazing Spider-Man video game, please go to http://www.TheAmazingSpiderManGame.com, and be sure to check out the game's Facebook page at http://www.Facebook.com/TheAmazingSpiderManGame.