Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Icon Ideas for GHTV: Part 2

GH TV

Highlighted

New Icon Ideas for GHTV: Part 2

Hello! Here's Part 2 of my icon ideas posts, I created three icons for the upcoming three songs that will be added to on demand in July, which are TV, I'm Good, and After Midnight. I've also included blocks that I think these songs should be added to along with new icons for all three of them. 

I thought it would be a good idea to add TV to Celebrating Pop as its icon, since Live While We're Young has always been its icon and since Live While We're Young is a launch song, I think it's time that a new song replaces it. Here it is:

NewCelebratingPop.png

Celebrating Pop

fun. - Why Am I the One

The Madden Brothers - We Are Done

Colleen Green - TV

George Ezra - Budapest

Ed Sheeran - Sing

Neon Trees - Everybody Talks

Also, I looked up the music videos of several Pop songs on GHTV on YouTube to see which songs were close to TV in terms of music video duration, and Red Hands, Before He Cheats, and obviously Live While We're Young came up as the closest. So I think TV could be the icon for Pop Melodies and Pop A-Z too, since Red Hands and Before He Cheats are the icons for those two show blocks respectively. I also found that songs like City and Future Pleasures are close to TV, so TV could replace them on blocks like Popular Icons and Fantastic Picks. 

I consider TV more of a Pop-oriented song instead of an Indie one, but I still looked up Indie songs on GHTV on YouTube to see which ones TV could replace, and it looks like really only City, Taken For a Fool and Purple Rage are the closest in duration, so you could use TV as an icon for Top Indie. I wouldn't replace the icon for Taken For a Fool (which is on All About Indie) because that icon hasn't existed for over a year, and in my opinion I think it's a better idea to replace the older icons. 

Here's an icon for After Midnight on Popular Hits, which I've changed around a little bit:

NewPopularHits.png

Popular Hits

Knife Party - Centipede

DMA's - Delete

DOROTHY - After Midnight

The 1975 - Love Me

Wolf Alice - Giant Peach

Colleen Green - TV

The Mowgli's - I'm Good

I thought this block's icon (which is currently Delete) could be replaced with After Midnight and all three songs could be added to the block, because, even though songs like TV and Believer (which is currently in the place of TV on Popular Hits) don't match up as much as they probably should in terms of music video duration, they could shave some seconds off of the ending results screens after every song to make time for the new songs. After Midnight could also be added to blocks like Biggest Hits and Popular Blockbusters, where it could replace Another is Waiting, and Pop Hits and All About Pop, where it could replace Until the Sun Explodes. 

And finally, here's an icon for I'm Good, which is replacing the icon for Blinded on Massive Smashes:

NewMassiveSmashes.png

Massive Smashes

Walk the Moon - Shut Up and Dance

Pulled Apart By Horses - Hot Squash

Nothing But Thieves - Ban All the Music

American Authors - Believer

Marcy Playground - Sex and Candy

The Mowgli's - I'm Good

Pendulum - Witchcraft

This one was kind of difficult to do because there aren't really many Pop songs or icons on Pop blocks that I wanted to replace, so I just chose a mixed block. I'm Good can also replace songs like Believer (but in this case I replaced Blinded because I like Believer better as a song Smiley LOL) and maybe even Chasing the Sun on the Pop blocks like GHTV: Pop, I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked on Hottest Blockbusters, Valentine's Day on Pure Blockbusters, and so on. 

Well that's it for now, I have wayyy too much time on my hands Smiley LOL I probably won't do icons for Two Cents, Two Fingers and Take It From Me, mostly because we have not been able to play Take It From Me yet and I don't want to spoil the music video and song for myself Smiley Happy I might do icons for the last three metal songs and maybe even some new show blocks for those, because I do have a couple of ideas for them. Until next time! Smiley Very Happy

Level 6
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS