cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Guitar Hero 5 Music Compatibility Info Thread

Guitar Hero 5

Neversoft are you going to answer more questions in this thread? The biggest would probably be, will there be more songs available to import in the future?

Juggernaut7

I'm glad to be able to get some previous content into GH5 (finally!), but I'm also rather let down that it is less than half of the set list.

Even that snorefest Rock Band managed better than that right from the start, and you're on major release 5 with 4 minor releases. (okay, actually only major release 3 from you, but still...)

Is this the final final list, or is re-licensing ongoing?

9572AD

DisappointedDan wrote:

Wow. That is a pathetic list. You expect people to pay for not even half the set list from the other games? You guys have some nerve. I took you at your word that "MOST" of the songs were going to be exportable to GH5. I preordered the game. I popped it in today and started playing. And while after an hour or so I was a little let down with the GH5 set list, I was still anxious to start downloading all the great music from Smash Hits and World Tour to rock out with friends over the weekend. Only NOW do I find out the ugly truth. You guys dropped the ball on this big time. I see now why you weren't more forthcoming in the prerelease coverage. You knew you would have been mocked endlessly by the few gamers out there that still had a little hope left. It is finally official: Rock Band is the better franchise. It's not even debatable at this point. They've completely outshined you guys on DLC and the one last card you had to pull from your sleeve to try and get on even keel is a deuce. I'm seriously mad at myself for buying into the hype and giving you $60 for this travesty. Next time be more honest with the people you ask to support your games.

Just remember that they were able to update 152 songs (just DLC so no relicencing) in time for the the release date. I believe that your expectations are fairly high if you think they can update and relicence the additional 136 songs for the game in time. The only reason Rock Band was able to do it that quickly is because there was little updating needed and far fewer songs (52).

tehmarcster

damn, the Smash Hits export list looks good.

Spinzilla

Here I was thinking that I would be able to play Misery Business in Guitar Hero 5. Guess not. They have left out all the great songs in World Tour and Smash Hits. No Cowboys from Hell? Come on. I'm not giving up hope just yet though. Hopefully Activision/Neversoft can get it all worked out, so the rest of the songs can go up for import into GH5.

There were only 3-4 songs that were not able to be imported from Rock Band to Rock Band 2. If this import list for World Tour and Smash Hits ends up staying like it is, that's pretty sad. I know they have to go back and pay some more for the extra licensing fees, but Activision has enough cash to be able to afford for all the songs from World Tour and Smash Hits to be imported.

Also, I'm hoping you will be able to import ALL the songs from Band Hero into Guitar Hero 5. If it's anything like this, you will probably only be able to get 5 of the worst songs from Band Hero. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more imported songs.

NeptunePirate

9572AD wrote:

I'm glad to be able to get some previous content into GH5 (finally!), but I'm also rather let down that it is less than half of the set list.

Even that snorefest Rock Band managed better than that right from the start, and you're on major release 5 with 4 minor releases. (okay, actually only major release 3 from you, but still...)

Is this the final final list, or is re-licensing ongoing?

yeah they're still relicensing, apart from that though im positive they're doing it this way to reduce server load. if its roughly 1.3 gig for 35 songs, then it'll be over 3 gigs to download all the songs (minus the hendrix ones and whatever else never manages to export) and that's just world tour songs. plus there's the compatibility patch, along with any dlc people might be downloading. it's just not practical to make everything available at once.

i might be wrong, but i was under the impression that rock band exported from the disc rather than downlolading the songs- very different circumstances.

majTahahl

tehmarcster wrote:

DisappointedDan wrote:

Wow. That is a pathetic list. You expect people to pay for not even half the set list from the other games? You guys have some nerve. I took you at your word that "MOST" of the songs were going to be exportable to GH5. I preordered the game. I popped it in today and started playing. And while after an hour or so I was a little let down with the GH5 set list, I was still anxious to start downloading all the great music from Smash Hits and World Tour to rock out with friends over the weekend. Only NOW do I find out the ugly truth. You guys dropped the ball on this big time. I see now why you weren't more forthcoming in the prerelease coverage. You knew you would have been mocked endlessly by the few gamers out there that still had a little hope left. It is finally official: Rock Band is the better franchise. It's not even debatable at this point. They've completely outshined you guys on DLC and the one last card you had to pull from your sleeve to try and get on even keel is a deuce. I'm seriously mad at myself for buying into the hype and giving you $60 for this travesty. Next time be more honest with the people you ask to support your games.

Just remember that they were able to update 152 songs (just DLC so no relicencing) in time for the the release date. I believe that your expectations are fairly high if you think they can update and relicence the additional 136 songs for the game in time. The only reason Rock Band was able to do it that quickly is because there was little updating needed and far fewer songs (52).

Look at his name: DisappointedDan. He named himself that, so that we can know right away he hates everything about Guitar Hero. I will no longer post about him again.

Moving on, I really wanted to play 'More Than a Feeling' and a whole heap of other songs. On IGN however (I was reading the Wii review), it said eventually all songs would be added to download. That can't be right, thinking of Jimi, but maybe they know that more songs will be added.

AgentPolar

Wow, this list is full of fail...

Seriously, no TTFAF, Beast and the Harlot, Ozzy, Hotel California, Rebel Yell??? This better be a joke, NS and AV!

MartijnTP

I can't help but to wonder if SOME of these exclusions are due to upcoming plans, they announced The Eagles as exlusive so their not exporting really makes little sense...better still OZZY who Activision not only had at Blizcon but also had headline a show for Gamestop managers this last Sunday...unless much like with Rock Band and Iron Maiden there are new packs or full games in the works for some of the heavy hitters...Ozzy clearly has enough material between his solo and Black Sabbath tracks and the Eagles also have a solid catalog...I could see either getting a large pack or disk release. if not, it's a BAD move. If the majority of the songs were not ready to import Activision should have waited IMHO. The way this is done LOOKS half baked to many customers and it's better to wait and get the home run than this sporadic plan that just doesn't seem like it was well planned at all...

Hypnotoad

WOOT, so in europe we only need a save game, exellent!

Fragii
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer