Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Guitar Hero 5 Music Compatibility Info Thread

Guitar Hero 5

greenlep wrote:

majTahahl wrote:

9572AD wrote:

i might be wrong, but i was under the impression that rock band exported from the disc rather than downlolading the songs- very different circumstances.

I think you're on to something

Rock Band 2 Imported RB 1 direct from disc you are correct

wrat

RadiDaddy wrote:

Oh crud, sirtoast! You could be right! I hadn't thought about the updated files.

Edit: I guess what it comes down to is whether the GH5 store "knows" what my previously purchased DLC is and whether it will then update those OR does it check the SD (or SDHC) to see what has already been downloaded and needs to be updated. Since you can use an SD card with your already-purchased DLC in GH5 and it is made compatible via the Music Store, it seems to me that putting them on my SDHC wouldn't hurt anything and it just becomes a matter of whether I HAVE to have them on the SDHC already for GH5 to know I already purchased them. Does that make sense?

I understand what you're saying, but I *think* that GH5 knows what you've paid for based on the Music Store's purchase history (tied directly to your Nintendo Store/Wii number), and doesn't look to see what songs are actually visible on the card. This means if you downloaded, but deleted it before GH5, it should still know that you can re-download the song without further cost. Hopefully this will be clear soonSmiley Happy

sirtoast

At last, a fix for the Wii Europe WT missing code problem.

Thanks a lot for the info Neversoft !

DrChewbacca

Nice

Dmyhalo

so even if Activision were to relicense more songs from GH:WT how would they provide the songs? Will it automatically download the rest of the songs when the game loads (at the time it checks for d/l content), or will we be prompted to d/l a patch, or to redownload the full list of songs?

I feel kind of cheated that we only got less than 1/2 of the songs from WT. I kept the manual w/ the code but traded in my song disc, and there were a lot of songs that I would have liked carry over to GH5, like songs from Muse, Lost Prophets, Linkin Park, the song Misery Business. And though the song was quite hard to play, and I don't usually like country, but I would have like "On the Road Again" to compliment the Johnny Cash song

Of the songs that didn't "export" from WT to GH5, what % of them were songs that were also in Rock Band or RB2 ? I'm wondering if the reason they didn't get relicensed because Harmonix got a license from them that prohibits them from being in future GH games.

pezdaddy

I'm pretty certain that they said they are not only working on more titles for ghwt and ghsh but for all of the other games too. I've been hoping activision would do this b/c this was for the most part the only superior feature rb has had over gh. Gotta say gh5 kicks a** and I can't wait 4 vh

djbrad2k8

i'm trying to import the select list of songs from GHWT.. i went into the options menu.. selected Import Songs... selected Guitar Hero World Tour and put in the owners ID# off the manual and it says it's invalid.. anyone else have this problem?

Burdman624

pezdaddy wrote:

so even if Activision were to relicense more songs from GH:WT how would they provide the songs? Will it automatically download the rest of the songs when the game loads (at the time it checks for d/l content), or will we be prompted to d/l a patch, or to redownload the full list of songs?

I feel kind of cheated that we only got less than 1/2 of the songs from WT. I kept the manual w/ the code but traded in my song disc, and there were a lot of songs that I would have liked carry over to GH5, like songs from Muse, Lost Prophets, Linkin Park, the song Misery Business. And though the song was quite hard to play, and I don't usually like country, but I would have like "On the Road Again" to compliment the Johnny Cash song

Of the songs that didn't "export" from WT to GH5, what % of them were songs that were also in Rock Band or RB2 ? I'm wondering if the reason they didn't get relicensed because Harmonix got a license from them that prohibits them from being in future GH games.

That is not true since everlong and lazy eye are on rb too so that theory is not posible

Metalkross

Burdman624 wrote:

i'm trying to import the select list of songs from GHWT.. i went into the options menu.. selected Import Songs... selected Guitar Hero World Tour and put in the owners ID# off the manual and it says it's invalid.. anyone else have this problem?

Maybe you got O (letter) confused with 0 (number). They look the same in GH5 (at least on the Wii version).

InvaderTAK

I noticed the same with '1' and 'I', they're tricky to make out on the Wii.

sirtoast
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer