cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guitar Hero 3 dongle won't light up on PS3

Guitar Hero Community

I have Guitar Hero 3 Legends of Rock along with a wireless guitar and usb dongle (redoctane)  for PS3.

It was all working fine couple years back. Now I tried to play it again, and this time the usb dongle doesn't even light up when I plug it in to PS3. Clicking or holding the button on the dongle or turning on/off the ps3 doesn't make any difference. The guitar seems ok, it lights up and flashes, etc.

Interestingly, when I plug the dongle to my mac laptop it lights up and also syncs with the guitar (a single red light stays on on both the guitar and dongle). I guess that means the dongle is working. Why is it not even lighting up on PS3, and is there a way to fix this?

Ozzy80
7 REPLIES 7

Hey,

Sorry to hear you've had some trouble. Have you tried using different USB slots on your console? Is the console clean from dust and other debris that may impact a USB port?

Regards,

^DS

Community Coordinator

I tried both USB slots, with no luck. Both usb slots are working fine, I can charge my controller and my fightstick and guncon work fine over usb.

Ozzy80

Thanks for the info! Let's take this to Private Message to better assist you with this. You can access your inbox here, https://community.activision.com/inbox

Regards,

^DS

Community Coordinator

I’m having the same issue with my dongle! I literally was playing one day and the next day it just stopped. It lights up if I plug it to my laptop. 

Jroman79

Last night I took my guitar hero out of the closet and plug it in my PS3...same issues...the dongle didn't do anything. The dongle is working because if I connect a controller in the usb port that the dongle have it start to charging but for some reason doesnt do anything, dont light up the led, already tried in all the usb ports....Is this a firmware issue?.

Help please.

Regards.

Nandobol

I’m having the same issue with my dongle please help!! 

Jroman79

Same issue here too.  Dongle won't work in PS3 - blinks very faintly in threes on PS3, but blinks and sync's up just fine in pc.  What's the fix - is there a firmware update on the PS3 for this?

chchchchia
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS