cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Notes breaking any Guitar Hero game

Guitar Hero Support Forums

Highlighted

So I recently started collecting Wii consoles and Guitar Hero/Rock Band stuff to be able to play.

So I got Band Hero hooked up, with an older used Guitar.  As soon as the game puts out the first long note (whether I hit it or not), the game stops accepting input.  For example, there is a long Green note on Bring Me to Life.  Hit or miss, once that note comes up, the game stops accepting any input.

At first I chalked it up to the Guitar.

I bought a brand new Guitar Hero 3, Legends of Rock set.

Hooked up the brand new Guitar, same issue.  So I figured maybe it was just Band Hero that was broken.

Loaded up Guitar Hero 3.  First song in the career mode is Foghat's slow ride.  There, the very first notes are long notes, and again, they break the game, and the game doesn't accept any input at all.(because the first note is a long note) 

Please note, everything works fine up until a long note is hit.  For example, in Bring Me To Life, every note registers perfectly and I have a perfect score up until the Long Green note breaks the game.

This is very frustrating.  I've spent close to $500 on Wii stuff just to be able to play Guitar Hero, and can't even play a single song to completion because of this problem.

The setup is very simple.  Large open area.  TV is on a table.  The Wii sensor bar is within 4-5 feet of the guitars.  The Wii works perfectly, no connectivity issues with the remotes.

Any help in resolving this would be appreciated!

Gruffleen
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS