cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any idea of a release date for GH6 yet???

Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock

There wont be a BandHero2.

They've only said they're making Guitar Hero 6 and DJ Hero 2 this year.

DarkAsh
Highlighted

DarkAsh wrote:

I can see why. Band Hero was a waste of yet another spin-off title that could've been easily incorporated into DLC. *coughSMASHHITScough*

LuridShadowX

So basically if theres no band hero 2 then we're gonna get stuck with another guitar hero title with mostly pop and indie songs

Ramaxis

LuridShadowX wrote:

DarkAsh wrote:

I can see why. Band Hero was a waste of yet another spin-off title that could've been easily incorporated into DLC. *coughSMASHHITScough*

Perhaps for you, yes.

But BH also provided a more family-friendly graphical environment. The engine's mostly the same, and many here will say "so what" to the less-rock style, but it was intended to allow the same songs to be played in a more pop setting vs. a rock/heavy metal setting.

Jeremy_Winston

So basically what your saying is that the casual gamers are once again ripping the hardcore gamers a new 1?

Ramaxis

Ramaxis wrote:

So basically what your saying is that the casual gamers are once again ripping the hardcore gamers a new 1?

Not at all. LuridShadow made the claim that BH should have been DLC and not an entirely new game. I was just pointing out that the purpose of BH, as a new game, was to appeal to the family and not the hardcore rocker gamer. They were trying to get more people in the GH franchise, which should be a win-win for all of us.

For those hard rock gamers that could only find a couple of BH songs they liked and really, really wanted them, then they had to spend a lot of money for them. But, if you happen to like a goodly portion of them, the final cost of the songs, imported to GH5, wasn't much more than normal DLC.

Jeremy_Winston

DarkAsh wrote:

Correction, they aren't making a Band Hero 2 Bundle this year, BH2 is just coming as a game-only disc.

As for the release of GH6, Activison already confirmed it'll be at the later half of the year, which rules out the rumors of an April release date.

Neoxon

Neoxon wrote:

DarkAsh wrote:

Correction, they aren't making a Band Hero 2 Bundle this year, BH2 is just coming as a game-only disc.

As for the release of GH6, Activison already confirmed it'll be at the later half of the year, which rules out the rumors of an April release date.

Proof? They said the only "Hero" games to be released this year are Guitar Hero 6 and DJ Hero 2, like Neoxon said.

As for a release date for GH6, they haven't confirmed anything, but I'm sure it will be in fall like the other GH games have been. I'd say maybe middle September. (Which is good because that's when my birthday is )

GHJake

GHJake wrote:

Neoxon wrote:

DarkAsh wrote:

Proof? They said the only "Hero" games to be released this year are Guitar Hero 6 and DJ Hero 2, like Neoxon said.

As for a release date for GH6, they haven't confirmed anything, but I'm sure it will be in fall like the other GH games have been. I'd say maybe middle September. (Which is good because that's when my birthday is )

They said in the press announcement they're taking out the BH Bundle (plus they have 10 SKUs, which rules in the possibility of BH2). As for the late half of the year thing, it was also on the press announcement, saying it'll come out on the late half of the year.

Neoxon

If there is not an announcement at GDC about GH6 then we will more than likely have to wait for E3 for any news about the game and it's release date.

GuitarHeroPunk11
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer